- Name: Errol van Alstyne
- Age: 20
- Class: Witch
- Patron: Elements
- Familiar: Snake (Timothy)
- Race: Tiefling
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 135lbs
- Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven, Old Common, Abyssal, Orc
EXP to next level:
Hit Dice: d6
Initiative: +8 (+2 Dex, +4 feat, +2 trait)
Attack Bonus (Melee): +1 (+1 BAB)
Attack Bonus (Ranged): +3 (+2 Dex, +1 BAB)
Strength: 10 (+0)
Dexterity: 14 (+2)
Constitution: 17 (+3)
Intelligence: 19 (+4)
Wisdom: 12 (+1)
Charisma: 11 (+0)
AC: 14 (10 base, +2 Dex, +1 armor, +1 feat)
Fortitude: 4 (+3 Con, +1 class)
Reflex: 3 (+2 Dex, +1 class)
Will: 4 (+1 Wis, +1 class)
Resistances: Resist cold, fire, electricity 5
FEATS LIST: Dodge, Improved Initiaitve
- Dodge: Flat +1 AC.
- Improved Initiative: Flat +4 Initiative.
Extremely Fashionable: +1 trait bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate when wearing nice clothes. Bluff is a class skill.
Reactionary: +2 Initiative.
Abilities: Darkvision 60ft, spell-like ability
- Bluff +12 (3 ranks, +3 trained, +2 racial, +1 trait, +3 familiar, +0 Cha)
- Craft (Alchemy) +10 (3 ranks, +3 trained, +4 Int)
- Spellcraft +10 (3 ranks, +3 trained, +4 Int)
- Knowledge (Arcana) +10 (3 ranks, +3 trained, +4 Int)
- Heal +7 (3 ranks, +3 trained, +1 Wis)
- Use Magic Device +6 (3 ranks, +3 trained, +0 Cha)
- Stealth +4 (+2 racial, +2 Dex)
- Acrobatics, Escape Artist, Fly, Ride +2 (+2 Dex)
- Appraise, Misc. Knowledge +4 (+4 Int)
SPELL-LIKE ABILITIES: Darkness 1/day
HEXES: Evil Eye, Healing
LEVEL 0: Arcane Mark, Bleed, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Guidance, Light, Mending, Message, Putrefy Food and Drink, Read Magic, Resistance, Spark, Stabilize, Touch of Fatigue
LEVEL 1: Mage Armor, Shocking Grasp, Burning Hands, Sleep, Summon Monster I
LEVEL 2: Glitterdust, Alter Self
- Darkness: Target radiates 20ft of darkness.
- Evil Eye: Errol causes doubt to creep into the mind of one foe within 30 feet that he can see. He can choose one of AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, or skill checks and give the selected enemy a -2 penalty (-4 at 8th level) to the selected rolls for 3 + int (7) rounds. A Will save reduces the effect to 1 round.
- Healing: As Cure Light Wounds. At 5th level, as Cure Moderate Wounds. Can only be used on one person once every 24 hours.
- Arcane Mark: Inscribes a personal rune on an object or creature (visible or invisible).
- Bleed: Cause a stabilized creature to resume dying.
- Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights.
- Daze: A single humanoid creature with 4 HD or less loses its next action.
- Detect Magic: Detects all spells and magic items within 60 ft.
- Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or small object.
- Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
- Light: Object shines like a torch.
- Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
- Message: Whisper conversation at distance.
- Putrefy Food and Drink: Makes food and water inedible.
- Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
- Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.
- Spark: Ignites flammable objects.
- Stabilize: Cause a dying creature to stabilize.
- Touch of Fatigue Touch attack fatigues target.
- Mage Armor: Gives subject +4 armor bonus.
- Burning Hands: 1d4/level fire damage (max 5d4).
- Sleep: Puts 4 HD of creatures into magical slumber.
- Summon Monster I: Summons extraplanar creature to fight for you.
- Alter Self: Assume form of a Small or Medium humanoid.
- Glitterdust: Blinds creatures, outlines invisible creatures.
On the short side and a bit scrawny (“lithe,” as he would put it). He looks a bit like he’s made of a couple of sticks bundled together, to be honest, though his metabolism is a thing of wonders if you’ve ever watched him eat his dinner…or second dinner…or sometimes third. The most noteworthy thing about him is his almost excessively long hair; its blond tips are proof that he’s never gotten it cut, as he was blond when he was born before his hair started growing in red. He claims his hair is the source of his magic powers, which…while not the most ridiculous claim a wizard has ever made, is a little bit out there. Is seen in almost exclusively formalwear and expensive colognes nobody is quite sure how he can afford, and he combs his hair so often with an ornate little bone comb he carries around that most people get a rather vain impression from him, though, again, he insists that the attention to his hair is directly related to attention to his magic.
He’s one of those odd wizards who got really close with their familiars, and is sometimes caught talking to his little snake, Timothy. He claims they have a magical bond, and that Timothy speaks into his mind. This causes a good number of raised eyebrows from people who know that the level of connection he supposedly has with his familiar is not consistent with a wizard of his ability and experience.
There are tiny horns beneath that great mass of hair on his head, and though he does have a tail, he tends to hide it well in his pants.
The following is to be taken with a very noticeable grain of salt, as nobody as of yet has been able to run a successful background check on Errol. Magical scrying doesn’t work, and living family or even friends are nowhere to be found. All anyone really has to go on is what he tells them, which is…a tad embellished, even to the most trusting of ears.
Errol claims to come from “the north” (no more specific location given), where he hails from a family in the landed gentry, thus his “impeccable manners and tremendous poise,” in his words. This origin is also his explanation for his unusual, bright red hair. He rather plays up the nobleman act, despite being unable to produce the papers to prove it, and the funniest thing is that once they’ve been around him long enough, people find themselves starting to believe it. He’s certainly a skilled liar, if nothing else. He’s definitely erudite and very well-read, though he sometimes has unorthodox ideas about magic that call into question his formal training and whether it was quite up to guild standards.
Regardless of upbringing, there is no doubting his natural magical ability. Nobody has ever seen him studying, and while he does write in the big spellbook he carries around, people have concluded that the spells must be under a rather complicated lock, because anyone else opening the spellbook is just greeted with a “dear diary” and a recounting of the day’s events. He has also been seen performing certain spells without components, though he denies this and cites witness dishonesty, as his demeanor has gotten no small number of people mad enough at him to attempt to sabotage his mercenary work.
As far as personality, he’s definitely a bit of an eccentric. Nobody is quite able to get a handle on him because of how very well-constructed his foolish, whimsical nobleman persona is, though he does tend to get huffy when insulted. People have likened him to a child in that, while he does react to many things in a mature fashion, if he decides he doesn’t want to deal with something, he will absolutely not deal with it, come hell or high water. Definitely an odd bird, this one. Keep an eye on him.
Cash: 150 gold